Thursday 9 December 2010

The Crime Scene

We've all seen CSI.

Crime scene's are not pretty...and usually they involve some crazy set of circumstances that have arisen from a seemingly normal situation. Well there are no sneaky drug dealers or jealous club promoters in this story that I know of but it's a travesty non the less.

Two years ago my kind and loving father purchased me a laptop for my birthday. I didn't want to go all out and ask for an extremely pricey Macbook (although my Dad probably woulda got for me if I had, he's nice like that) and so after 10 minutes of research, I found a nice new shiny Dell Inspiron 1525 online with a big tag saying **$350 Rebate!** . I customized it a little, added some upgrades and I was on my way.

The honeymoon period with Dell for me was short-lived. Within the first 4 months of having the computer I had to do a factory reset twice. Not happy making....especially because some of my software takes so many steps to install. As I am sure you could understand I wasn't much pleased - and it gets 10 times worse.

To cut a very very long story short, I have spent my life since October '08 fighting with Dell Representatives by day and a Dell Laptop by night. I have seen the in's and out's of abandoned efforts @ answers.yahoo.com and I have heard just about every New Delhi accent there is.

I am here now to share my knowledge with you, to warn you about buying from Dell...and to hopefully shed a little hope on your situation if you are in my boat.

Read on!

Thegoodcrust

No comments:

Post a Comment