Tuesday 1 February 2011

Beware of Replacement Parts and Systems!

Well even after being given multiple replacement parts and now a replacement system, components are still failing, and Dell is still ignoring me. 

My second attempt to liberate myself from them is as follows:


Dear Michael Dell

I am so very frustrated that I have to write you again. I doubt you remember my letter from last year as I am sure you are very busy and get complaints. I have attached a copy of the last letter.
After writing that letter I was put in touch with a Corporate Rep called Saroj who would eventually end up getting me some results and a replacement system. 

This was about 6 months ago and I thought that for once Dell had done what it said it would. 

But low and behold about 4 months after having the new 1564 system, I start getting blue screens. I hoped they were one-off problems, but they kept happening. I updated all the drives, the BIOS, everything. Nothing was working. I called up customer service, not to complain but just to get the darn thing to work as it should. After a few days of running tests and wizards sent by the Dell Rep, she informed me that it was a fault with the Hard Drive and it would need to be replace. I COULDN'T Believe it!! I had only just my system back to where it was before the first issue with the 1525 and re-downloading purchased software that I didn't have discs for. I couldn't keep leaving my professional and personal digital life in the hands of an inconstant and proven-to-be faulty company, Dell 

SO! I contacted customer service for compensation. After all I have spent AT LEAST 100 hours with Dell services, tests, or technicians in the last 2 years - AND still having FAULTY components! 
I was told that I could qualify for a refund of the original system that had been collected 6 months prior. That made me somewhat satisfied since I was told over the phone that I would keep the 1564 system as well. After all, Saroj had told me that the 1564 would be a compensation unit - implying that it was more of a 'please don't sue us' gift rather than a straight transfer. 
So then Dell cant find the 1525 system they collected. So my refund was pending. I wanted to continue to get the 1564 fixed since it was BSD more frequently. 
Today I get told that I can get a refund if I also send back the 'replacement' 1564 system also.

THAT IS ABSURD! There comes a point where you screw up someone's life so much that you shouldn't be thinking about how much money you can squeeze out of them, you just need to make this issue right. 

I said I wouldn't give the 1564 back - because firstly what I paid 2 years ago cant nearly buy me the same computer that I have now, and secondly I JUST DONT TRUST DELL!!! 
They want me to give up my only working system, purchase a large enough external hard drive to back-up all my information, and then let me wait and hope that it all goes over smoothly and I get any money at all?!?!?! YEAH RIGHT!



I have had nothing but problems with Dell - I wanted a refund of the original system so that I would have enough money to buy a new one from a more reliable company, and still have something to use. I dont want to be ripped off and forgotten about after 2 years of useless Dell already. 

Below I have provided a list of all the logged problems and people that I have been passed onto. 
THIS LIST DOES NOT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE COUNTLESS HOURS I SPENT TRYING TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MYSELF FIRST OR TALKING ON THE PHONE TO SOMEONE IN NEW DELHI WHO DOESN'T SPEAK A SENTENCE OF ENGLISH!

CASE NUMBERS
Service Request Reference - 8******85
Case Reference - 65*****97
Dell Case Number - 64*****44
Incident number - 23****18
Incident ID - 2******9
Incident ID - 233****7
DELL REPRESENTATIVES
Ellen Layug
Saroj Lanong
Aditi_141051
Prabhleen_105605
Satya_188812
Sourabh_188841
Rohit_126143
Vishal_183204
Jayant _166767
Stanley Dennis
George Jimseln
Sunil K Kumar


Michael, or whoever is reading this, I am sick and I am tired of trying with Dell

I want a refund, or I am going after compensation with legal aid. 
In addition, I want to keep the current system (1564) I have in hopes that I can get fixed. 

Please no more excuses, no more greedy decisions, just give me what I paid and let me go somewhere else.
If you have forgotten what others think of your company this year - check it here. 

you are 7 out of 10. 




Please fix this so it doesn't have to escalate. 

Ben Cundy

No comments:

Post a Comment